ReTurn to Worship
We are getting ready return to worship in the sanctuary after being away for a little over six months. We are so very excited, but we also want to be cautious. We want to make sure that everyone who comes is safe; therefore, we are trying to follow all the guidelines that have been put out by the CDC and the North Texas United Methodist Conference. We will start down this road knowing that we may have to make some adjustments along the way. Please keep all of this in your prayers as we all work together to honor God with our worship. We do not know when we will arrive at “normal” again and some things may not go back to the old ways of doing things, but we will trust the Lord to guide us each step of the way.
We know not everyone is ready to return to public gatherings, and there is no pressure – we’ll be here when you’re ready! We definitely will continue to have services on Facebook Live and on our website (posted after the service). So, please feel free to continue to worship with us online. Let us know if you need any special arrangements or if there is anything we can do to minister to your needs so that you can better enjoy the worship and participation with our church family.
ReUnion on Sunday Mornings
When you are ready, feel free to join us on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. in the sanctuary. We have received the approval of our Bishop to begin having in-person services. For right now, we are only having the worship service in-person, but our hope is in the future to begin in-person Sunday School classes, children’s church, and the nursery. Your precious children are more than welcome to sit with you during the service. We’ll have activity packets for them, and we will be delighted to see them. The ‘cry room’ will be available for a family, if needed.
(Our Sunday School Classes are not able to meet in person right now, but one of the classes is meeting via Zoom and they would love for you to be a part of their study. Please contact George Shultz at 214-537-2508 to be included on the call.)
ReGarding Our Preventative Measures
- Access to the building will be limited to the main front doors.
- Staff and volunteers will wear masks while onsite unless leading worship from the stage.
- We will provide hand sanitizer stations and masks for those who do not have them.
- Greeters and hospitality hosts will direct the traffic flow.
- Ushers will direct groups into the sanctuary. Households or those who arrived in the same vehicle may sit together.
- Rows will be marked off for families and individuals with six feet of separation.
- We will sanitize the restrooms before, during, and after the service.
- We will have the opportunity to experience music in different ways since there are concerns with congregational singing.
- Holy Communion will be provided in individual packets to be picked up by each individual when they enter the building. We will join together in the liturgy later in the service.
- An offering plate will be placed at the entrance into the sanctuary so that you can drop off your offering either coming in or when you leave.
- Following the service, the ushers will dismiss the congregation one row at a time from the back.
- Proceed directly to your seats when you come into the building.
- Practice social distancing of at least six feet.
- Respect the personal space of others with grace.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others (in case you are unknowingly infected without symptoms yet).
- Wash hands frequently and/or use the hand sanitizing stations.
If, in the past week, you have had a fever over 99.6, a cough, a sore throat, or exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please worship with us online.
ReStart in the Future
There are some activities that are thought to be dangerous at this time. In order to protect you and others, we are for the time being holding off in offering them. In an effort to honor God and our church family, we plan to move slowly and safely for all concerned. But we hope in the future to restart some of those other activities that we cherish. In the meantime, we are just thrilled to have the church doors open and to have a chance to start moving forward with this fresh start of wherever the Lord is leading us. May we all pray and listen to the Lord as we move forward… one step at a time. We love you and can’t wait to see you!