At our church, members and guests support our mission and ministry through prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness. Our churchwide witness of the Lord’s goodness depends on good people like you investing their financial gifts in the church. Thank you for your support.
Through your generous support, we are able to accomplish the following and much more:
- we make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
- we create meaningful worship experiences to know and love Jesus better
- we support missions of all shapes and sizes, locally and across the globe
- we mentor our children and youth to become godly examples to others
- we take care of the poor in our community by supporting outreach causes
- we regularly host scouting ministries and outside groups in our facilities
We appreciate your generous gifts!
Online Giving Agreement
When donating to our church, you acknowledge that:
- First United Methodist Church, Cedar Hill is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization as a recognized congregation of The United Methodist Church
- we did not provide any goods or services to you, in consideration, in whole or in part, for your donation, other than the provision of intangible religious benefits
- your donation to us becomes our property of and we have ultimate control, authority and discretion with regard to contributions it receives
Check or Money Order
If mailing, please send your gifts to:
First United Methodist Church
P.O. Box 187, Cedar Hill, TX 75106
To donate online, simply click the button below to give using our secure online giving form. Thank you for your generosity!
ESTATE INTENTION – Legacy Giving
When you create a will, you gain peace of mind knowing that you are protecting the important people in your life. You can also use your will to invest in the causes that are close to your heart and create a permanent testament to the values that are important to you.
Included with this information is an ESTATE INTENTION – Legacy Giving form which can be used to assist in developing a plan to include First United Methodist Church of Cedar Hill in your will.
When you create a will, you are deciding how you want your assets distributed at your death. Without a will, there is no assurance that any of your assets can go to the church or any other charity.
An estate intention is a way to “put it in writing”. The document is intended to allow the executor of your will to know your intentions with regard to the church.
If you have included a gift to First United Methodist Church of Cedar Hill in your estate plan, please let us know. This information helps us plan for our future so that we can carry on the work of the church. Letting us know is optional but will help in future planning.
It is very important that your bequest be accurately and clearly described in your estate plan so that we can carry out your wishes as you intended.
- If you already have a will or trust, review the documents to determine if any changes in your family or other circumstances warrant revising the document.
- If you wish to add 1stCH to receive a gift in your existing will or trust, contact the attorney who drafted the document and request a simple amendment.
- If you do not have a will or trust, contact a competent attorney to have these documents prepared. If you do not know who to contact, seek a recommendation for an estate planning attorney from family members, friends or colleagues at work. You may also contact your local bar association lawyer reference service for a referral.
ESTATE INTENTION – Legacy Giving Form
It is my (our) pleasure to inform you that I (we) have named First United Methodist Church Cedar Hill (1stCH) in Cedar Hill, Texas as a beneficiary of an estate gift. This letter signifies my (our) intention to make a bequest through my (our) estate plan as follows:
I (We) give to 1stCH the sum of $_________________.
I (We) give to 1stCH the real estate located at _______________________________________________________.
I (We) give to 1stCH _______________shares of __________________________________ stock.
I (We) give to 1stCH _______% of the remainder of my estate.
Make 1stCH a designated beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
Make 1stCH a designated beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan.
Instruct your bank to “pay on death” to 1stCH some or all of a specific bank account.
Instruct your brokerage firm to “transfer on death” to 1stCH some or all of a specific brokerage or other financial account.
I (We) have designated 1stCH the beneficiary of the following insurance policy/retirement account/bank account/financial account:
You can designate any specific purpose(s) to which you want 1stCH to apply your gift in the line below:
Or you can leave this line blank and your gift will be used for the greatest need(s) determined by 1stCH.
I (We) will, to the extent practical, keep 1stCH informed should I (we) change my (our) gift intention as reflected in this statement or should the dollar value of my (our) estate’s potential donation significantly increase or decrease.
Name(s) (Please Print) ____________________________________________________________________
City, State, Zip: __________________________________________________________________________
Phone: ________________________________ Email: ___________________________________________
Thank you for sharing this information to ensure that when the time comes, 1stCH understands and can abide by your bequest intentions. Your plans will remain confidential.
Form created October 2020